Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alphabetical sorting of songs in a playlist

Is this option no longer available? I can sort them in songs, but I have a playlist that has several albums by a single artist and some of the 117 songs are duplicated. I would like to be able sort by title so I can compare the different versions and possibly delete some from the playlist so I don't overload my iPod.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 7:29 AM

It is still available. What method are you using to try and make the list alphabetical?

Put the Playlist into Songs view, by clicking on View on the iTunes top bar menu and selecting View As/Songs from the context menus that appear. Once the Playlist is in Songs view, click on the Name column header to put the list into alphabetical order.

When the arrow in the Name header is pointing upwards, the list is in A-Z order. If the arrow is pointing downwards (Z-A order), simply click on the header again to reverse the order.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2020 7:29 AM in response to katandthefids

It is still available. What method are you using to try and make the list alphabetical?

Put the Playlist into Songs view, by clicking on View on the iTunes top bar menu and selecting View As/Songs from the context menus that appear. Once the Playlist is in Songs view, click on the Name column header to put the list into alphabetical order.

When the arrow in the Name header is pointing upwards, the list is in A-Z order. If the arrow is pointing downwards (Z-A order), simply click on the header again to reverse the order.

Alphabetical sorting of songs in a playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.