Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot install iOS update and cannot use/re-download apps

Hi, recently I have been trouble using certain apps like shazam and fitbit, it doesn't say that anything is wrong but it keeps on offloading itself and when I tried to use them again it never did fully download.

When I search these apps up on app store it doesn't show up, and when i google it, the download button is not available for me. These apps said they needed e.g. iOS 12. something minimum to operato, and my phone is already on iOS 13 something. So I tried to download to iOS 13.6, but the updates won't install as well and I'm still stuck :( please help!

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 9:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 1:18 AM

VPN or proxy connections might prevent your device from contacting the update servers.

If you still can't install the latest version of iOS, try downloading the update again:

1. Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage.
  2. Find the iOS update in the list of apps.
  3. Tap the iOS update, then tap Delete Update.
  4. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS update.

If you don’t see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with iTunes.

Try updating iOS after each step.

• Try Forget the WiFi network and add again
  • Try another WiFi network 
  • Toggle set automatically off and then on
  • Reset your network settings
  • Force restart your device
  • Remove any beta profiles, if applicable
  • If everything fails:- Use iTunes or Finder (for macOS Catalina+) to update your device instead of over-the-air

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2020 1:18 AM in response to FMej

VPN or proxy connections might prevent your device from contacting the update servers.

If you still can't install the latest version of iOS, try downloading the update again:

1. Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage.
  2. Find the iOS update in the list of apps.
  3. Tap the iOS update, then tap Delete Update.
  4. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS update.

If you don’t see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with iTunes.

Try updating iOS after each step.

• Try Forget the WiFi network and add again
  • Try another WiFi network 
  • Toggle set automatically off and then on
  • Reset your network settings
  • Force restart your device
  • Remove any beta profiles, if applicable
  • If everything fails:- Use iTunes or Finder (for macOS Catalina+) to update your device instead of over-the-air

Cannot install iOS update and cannot use/re-download apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.