Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my ICloud Mail blocked

Recently my iCloud email address is not receiving mail and I am receiving email messages to say my mail is blocked for security reasons.

i can log in to my Icloud account with my fingerprint etc. but it says mail not available.

Unfortunately there is no reason stating why and no advice how to resolve whatever problem there is.

Can anyone point me at a resolution please.

thanks in anticipation 🤞

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 9:07 PM

This is the answer:

Autoforwarding setups with email occasionally conflict with email authentication systems such as DMARC (www.dmarc.org) that are deployed by various large providers. This causes occasional emails to get rejected when for example forwarded from Hotmail (or Office 365) email addresses through Gmail to iCloud, as in your case.

Please check your gmail and your iCloud as separate email accounts instead of autoforwarding them. 

Best Regards

iCloud Mail Postmaster

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2020 9:07 PM in response to zinacef

This is the answer:

Autoforwarding setups with email occasionally conflict with email authentication systems such as DMARC (www.dmarc.org) that are deployed by various large providers. This causes occasional emails to get rejected when for example forwarded from Hotmail (or Office 365) email addresses through Gmail to iCloud, as in your case.

Please check your gmail and your iCloud as separate email accounts instead of autoforwarding them. 

Best Regards

iCloud Mail Postmaster

Why is my ICloud Mail blocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.