Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing among devices is okay -- partially

Messages and emails that I receive sync fine among my Mac, iPhone, and iPad, but the deletes do not always, meaning that to delete items I must (usually) do the deletes from all three. It's like Messages and email are using IMAP for the items received, but acting like POP for deletes. I said "usually" because sometimes the deletes sync maybe half the time. Deletes tend to work better if everything is on the same Wi-Fi but if they are not, deletes might not sync.

Any ideas?

All devices are kept up to date with their operating systems.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 11:01 AM

Hello Tim Murray2,

It sounds like your Messages and emails are not always syncing across devices. Try and determine if the issue occurs with a specific email account, if you have multiple. Then you can try removing the account and adding it again. Check out these links for support.

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

For Messages check out this link for support with Message syncing issues.

How to delete messages in iCloud

If the issue persists contact Apple Support for next steps.

Contact Apple Support

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2020 11:01 AM in response to Tim Murray2

Hello Tim Murray2,

It sounds like your Messages and emails are not always syncing across devices. Try and determine if the issue occurs with a specific email account, if you have multiple. Then you can try removing the account and adding it again. Check out these links for support.

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

For Messages check out this link for support with Message syncing issues.

How to delete messages in iCloud

If the issue persists contact Apple Support for next steps.

Contact Apple Support

Cheers!

Syncing among devices is okay -- partially

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.