Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you schedule a text message on iPhone?

I was using an Android phone before and I switched back to iPhone (which I used to use before the Android) and I cannot seem to find a feature that allows me to schedule a text message to be sent at a certain time which was a functionality that I used on the Android multiple times every day.

I found two "solutions" but neither of them is ok with me.

1. The Scheduled App. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/scheduled-app/id1145815975

They claim that for $3.95 per month they will do this for me. I will not pay for this basic functionality. I already paid quite a lot for the phone, now I am just trying to use it in a useful way.

2. This shortcuts app extension https://usa.inquirer.net/37256/iphone-lets-you-schedule-your-imessage-to-be-sent-later

This just plain does not work. It says it does what I want it to do but it doesn't actually do anything.

Has anyone found a way to schedule sms messages to be sent later that works and does not cost more? I was so disappointed when I found this issue and I am hoping that I just overlooked something important.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 3:49 PM

As I said in the original question that I tried using the shortcuts app and it did not work. Do you have a better solution?

3 replies

Aug 11, 2020 7:38 AM in response to WordPresser18

This morning I got a scheduled text to send using the linked to shortcuts app solution. In order for it to work I had to make sure the phone did not lock and I had to keep the ShortCuts app in the foreground which meant I could not do anything else while I waited for the text to send which defeats the whole purpose of scheduling a text for later. Does anyone know a better way to do this or a way around this problem?

Can you schedule a text message on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.