Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot verify Server identity - m.hotmail.com - I keep getting this at least once a week HELP PLEASE

Since June i keep getting this message at least every Tue/Wed morning I wake up to it. I have to reset network settings and restart iphone and ipad. I have gone to DETAILS on the message but it only gives me a very long info page but no where does it allow me or give me an option to TRUST CERTIFICATE. I have gone to my settings CERTIFICATE TRUST SETTINGS but there is nothing there to trust. I have never loaded any certificates would not even know how. I have removed my email account a few time now. The only changes in my house are the install of NBN but as I said I have reset the network settings every week since June. Please help as Apple and Microsoft has been unable to help me with this. My ipad runs on either home wifi - Iprimus or Telstra sim, my iphone runs on home wifi Iprimus or Voda sim.

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 5:26 PM

Are you connected through VPN? If so, try without.

Also, have you tried deleting the account (Settings/Passwords & Accounts), restarting your phone, and adding it back?

2 replies

Cannot verify Server identity - m.hotmail.com - I keep getting this at least once a week HELP PLEASE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.