Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch logo with circle in middle

Since the most recent upgrade (late July or early Aug 2020), I have had to sign in with my Apple account every morning. I have been doing it by holding down crown and button to "reboot" it. It worked until this morning. Now all I have is the Apple logo in the middle of my watch, surrounded by a white circle. I have tried rebooting it and it keeps going back to the Apple logo with the white circle. Frustrating - I can't even see the time on my watch, which makes it useless. Please advise how to get rid of logo and make my watch functional again ASAP.

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 9:03 AM

Hey there Leache,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities!

To begin, it sounds like your Apple Watch was updating when it was removed from the charger. We'd like to have you check if you can complete that process by placing your Apple Watch back on the charger and placing it next to your iPhone. Our steps here can help with this: Update your Apple Watch

While force restarting does seem to be a good next step normally, it is not a step that should be performed while the Apple Watch is completing an update. We will need to wait for the update to complete.

If your Apple Watch doesn't appear to be updating any longer, we can then move forward with a force restart with the following steps: How to restart your Apple Watch

"To force restart your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo."

From there, if you still are unable to regain access to your Apple Watch, requesting service is the next best step. The Apple Watch is mailed in for service, even if you visit a local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, and our teams can set up a mail in service option in most regions.

Click here to check all of your repair options: Apple Watch Service - Country Selection and you can also reach out to us directly for any help in setting up or checking repair options: Get Support

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2020 9:03 AM in response to Leache

Hey there Leache,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities!

To begin, it sounds like your Apple Watch was updating when it was removed from the charger. We'd like to have you check if you can complete that process by placing your Apple Watch back on the charger and placing it next to your iPhone. Our steps here can help with this: Update your Apple Watch

While force restarting does seem to be a good next step normally, it is not a step that should be performed while the Apple Watch is completing an update. We will need to wait for the update to complete.

If your Apple Watch doesn't appear to be updating any longer, we can then move forward with a force restart with the following steps: How to restart your Apple Watch

"To force restart your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo."

From there, if you still are unable to regain access to your Apple Watch, requesting service is the next best step. The Apple Watch is mailed in for service, even if you visit a local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, and our teams can set up a mail in service option in most regions.

Click here to check all of your repair options: Apple Watch Service - Country Selection and you can also reach out to us directly for any help in setting up or checking repair options: Get Support

Take care!

Apple watch logo with circle in middle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.