Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I setup the back up routine in Windows 10 to iCloud. In sattings- Update and security- backup it will not let me use iCloud on One Drive.

How do I setup the back up routine in Windows 10 to iCloud. In sattings- Update and security- backup it will not let me use iCloud on One Drive?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 11:39 AM

Hi snedders1,

We understand you'd like to backup to iCloud on Windows.

iCloud for Windows is not a backup service per se. It allows content to by synced across devices, however it is currently not possible to backup the entire computer to iCloud. You can learn more about iCloud for Windows here: Set up and use iCloud for Windows.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2020 11:39 AM in response to snedders1

Hi snedders1,

We understand you'd like to backup to iCloud on Windows.

iCloud for Windows is not a backup service per se. It allows content to by synced across devices, however it is currently not possible to backup the entire computer to iCloud. You can learn more about iCloud for Windows here: Set up and use iCloud for Windows.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

How do I setup the back up routine in Windows 10 to iCloud. In sattings- Update and security- backup it will not let me use iCloud on One Drive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.