Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erasing ipad

I need to erase my ipad settings & data. Since my ipad and iphone communicate with each other, will this delete my iphone data as well?? I know if I delete photos on my ipad, it will erase off my iphone as well.

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 8:34 AM

5 replies

Aug 12, 2020 8:44 AM in response to AuntTC

A reset of one device will have no impact upon other devices linked by the same AppleID - or data stored thereon. As such, for a device reset, data loss should not be a concern; only data stored locally and uniquely on device (if any) will be lost.

By contrast, manual deletion of data linked via iCloud will affect data accessible by the linked devices.

I hope this clarification is helpful.

Aug 12, 2020 9:10 AM in response to LotusPilot

Let me see if I have this straight (forgive me - I can’t seem to stay up with technology any more). My iPad and iPhone are linked together to iCloud. But a reset of iPad will not affect my IPhone’s iCloud storage? I just purchased my iPhone and had a terrible time setting it up. I certainly don’t want to “mess up” my iPhone or lose any of my iCloud data. Thanks for your help - it really is appreciated!

Erasing ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.