Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

password incorrect after software update. How can I unlock my phone without losing all my data?

I updated my phone's software and now it is saying that my password is incorrect even though it is correct. I recently learned that this is a common thing. Why hasn't Apple fixed this problem?!!!

iPhone 8

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 10:37 AM

deirdre162 wrote:

I updated my phone's software and now it is saying that my password is incorrect even though it is correct. I recently learned that this is a common thing. Why hasn't Apple fixed this problem?!!!

Never had this issue, or anyone 50+ people at my work, nor my friends, it is the same passcode you first set up on your device to unlock it. So no it is not a common thing and there is nothing for Apple to fix. They don't know your passcode that you set up only you do.

Your only option If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2020 10:37 AM in response to deirdre162

deirdre162 wrote:

Never had this issue, or anyone 50+ people at my work, nor my friends, it is the same passcode you first set up on your device to unlock it. So no it is not a common thing and there is nothing for Apple to fix. They don't know your passcode that you set up only you do.

Your only option If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

password incorrect after software update. How can I unlock my phone without losing all my data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.