Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv

I bought a new Mac and it came with one free year of AppleTV, I got it but now I can't use it because it tells me to pay AppleTV+, how can I do to get my one free year of AppleTV?

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 7:38 PM

You need to redeem it, when the one free year pops up, click on that Make sure you’re signed into your account with your Apple ID

Offer must be claimed within 90 days from when you activated the new device 

Open the Apple TV app. Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, or macOS.

The offer should be presented immediately after launching the app. If not, go to the Apple TV+ channel page where you’ll see the offer.

Tap Enjoy 1 Year Free.

Apple TV + Offer

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210573

Note: Movies that say rent or buy are from the iTunes Store and not free. 

Your subscription is for Apple TV + 

Apple TV + is Apple Original content. It’s a channel found within the Apple TV App. The shows included in your subscription will have the tv+ logo on them - those are free with your subscription 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2020 7:38 PM in response to ghislaine225

You need to redeem it, when the one free year pops up, click on that Make sure you’re signed into your account with your Apple ID

Offer must be claimed within 90 days from when you activated the new device 

Open the Apple TV app. Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, or macOS.

The offer should be presented immediately after launching the app. If not, go to the Apple TV+ channel page where you’ll see the offer.

Tap Enjoy 1 Year Free.

Apple TV + Offer

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210573

Note: Movies that say rent or buy are from the iTunes Store and not free. 

Your subscription is for Apple TV + 

Apple TV + is Apple Original content. It’s a channel found within the Apple TV App. The shows included in your subscription will have the tv+ logo on them - those are free with your subscription 

apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.