Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change Age info. in Family Sharing?

When I added my child to family sharing I put in his age incorrectly. How can I change this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 9:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 2:56 PM

f the age was set to something older than 13, you can manually change it by following the steps here: Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

You'll need to log in to the child's apple ID to change it.

If the age is set to less than 13, it cannot be changed directly, and you would need to contact Apple Support and have them change it.

There's not much the actual age determines, so not completely necessary to change it.

All content restrictions are applied directly on the device regardless of the age set for the Apple ID.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2020 2:56 PM in response to Memy27

f the age was set to something older than 13, you can manually change it by following the steps here: Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

You'll need to log in to the child's apple ID to change it.

If the age is set to less than 13, it cannot be changed directly, and you would need to contact Apple Support and have them change it.

There's not much the actual age determines, so not completely necessary to change it.

All content restrictions are applied directly on the device regardless of the age set for the Apple ID.

How to change Age info. in Family Sharing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.