Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to validate your product’s purchase date

Hi, folks!

I've bought an Apple MBP 13 2019 a few days ago in Ukraine.

Now I'm trying to input purchase date on checkcoverage.apple.com and always get an error: "We’re sorry, but we are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again later."

What should I do to solve this issue?

Thx

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 5:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 7:12 AM

Get coconut battery app and check the manufacturing date of the battery.

Start testing dates starting from this one and on. Usually it goes for 1 or 2 months until you get a good date.

Maybe not specific for your machine, but approximate, so you can have your Mac validated.

Crazy work LOL, but it's the way I've seen people get it solved.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2020 7:12 AM in response to lepr0sar1um

Get coconut battery app and check the manufacturing date of the battery.

Start testing dates starting from this one and on. Usually it goes for 1 or 2 months until you get a good date.

Maybe not specific for your machine, but approximate, so you can have your Mac validated.

Crazy work LOL, but it's the way I've seen people get it solved.

Aug 19, 2020 7:46 AM in response to lepr0sar1um

Be advised that you just bought it and your validation date goes back to February, so that's half a year of warranty you don't have anymore.

Have you bought it through official partners with Apple (I mean big companies that sell it officially)? You said Apple doesn't have official support in Ukraine, it means Apple is not officially in the country or that you just don't have an Apple Retail Store in there?

If Apple is not officially there then you might have bought it from like an eBay or something, right? Then it can really be the case you just bought an imported machine, and as it is a 2019, that February purchase date might be right.

I found the https://www.kyivpost.com/technology/apple-may-ramp-presence-ukraine.html from 2017 that said Apple was going to increase presence in Ukraine. Nothing so far?

Aug 19, 2020 7:57 AM in response to Rafael Scheid

No, it means that there are (in Ukraine) official resellers and unofficial stores. Unofficial stores sales apple tech as new (and it is new), but which was delivered into the country illegally (without taxes, etc).

Those stores offer such goods with much more chipper prices, but it has only 3 months of warranty (you can buy an extra warranty for extra price).

Unfortunately, nowadays there are no official Apple stores in Ukraine and even Apple website for Ukraine. The nearest official service is in Russia.

Aug 19, 2020 8:06 AM in response to lepr0sar1um

Oh yeah, so it's the same as down here... Brazil... LOL

By importing my Mac that same way I was able to buy the highest MBP 16", 9th gen i9, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, for the same price of the mid tier MBP 13", the one with 8th gen 1.4GHz CPU, 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD.

In my case, as it was purchased in the US and brought here, purchase date was just a few days before the one I really got it. And as I got the invoice from the seller, its date worked well to validate my warranty.

Unable to validate your product’s purchase date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.