Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

still not enough storage...

i have no less than 5 pics, I backed up my phone to icloud and still no enough storage. even the music on my phone is less than 10 songs. And also apps. i don't have facebook, insta, google, or even pinterest, but somehow, my storage is almost full. Even deleted all my cache from safari, and web pages and i still have not enough space. Saved all my photos and videos on my laptop, and only cleared some MB. It's anoying, because even if I"ve already tried to do something about it, my storage shows that most of GB are filled with "other"... What "other"? what is this? besides the sistem that filled 5,43GB, "OTHER" filled 7,31 GB!

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 6:04 AM

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support

You'll need to update to iOS 13.6.1 in Settings > General > Software Update, or from a computer if you don't have enough storage to update from the iPhone.

3 replies

Aug 13, 2020 6:08 AM in response to ione291

An iOS update was just released to help address that. You should update as soon as you can. Backing up the device has zero effect on the amount of available storage.

However, 7 GB of other isn’t really that unusual.

When you deleted photos, did you clear the Recently Deleted folder? If not they are still on the device.

You can also go to the Settings app > General > iPhone Storage to get a detail view and optimize some things that will help.

still not enough storage...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.