Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my iPad to my 10-year-old Samsung TV?

I selected Apple TV on my Roku device but it only allowed me to sign up for monthly payments?

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 8:32 AM

Your Roku would be supporting the Apple TV app, which is for accessing the iTunes store (along with previous purchases) and Apple TV Channel subscriptions (including Apple TV Plus).

You would need a lightning digital AV adapter to connect the iPad directly to your TV.

With Apple TV hardware one can use airplay to wirelessly stream content from an iPad. Some new smart TV's also have that feature built in.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2020 8:32 AM in response to DMD69

Your Roku would be supporting the Apple TV app, which is for accessing the iTunes store (along with previous purchases) and Apple TV Channel subscriptions (including Apple TV Plus).

You would need a lightning digital AV adapter to connect the iPad directly to your TV.

With Apple TV hardware one can use airplay to wirelessly stream content from an iPad. Some new smart TV's also have that feature built in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.