Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to install Microsoft office and it's staying I need version 10.13 and my Mac says I have 10.12.6. what can I do?

I need to install Microsoft office and it's staying I need version 10.13 and my Mac says I have 10.12.6. what can I do?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 8:49 AM

If you have a model that supports 10.13 High sierra or 10.14 Mojave you can update to that.

See here: How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

or here: How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

7 replies

Aug 13, 2020 9:25 AM in response to dveasey

dveasey Said:

I need to install Microsoft Office and it's staying I need version 10.13 and my Mac says I have 10.12.6. what can I do?

———-

Use this on a High Sierra-Compatable Mac:

Own another Mac? If this Mac you bring up cannot be upgraded to macOS High Sierra, then use this installation on a much newer Mac - a Mac that is compatible with macOS High Sierra.

Aug 13, 2020 9:16 AM in response to dveasey

Keep in mind that Microsoft tracks Apple's three-year sliding window of operating system support. Right now (Aug 2020) you need a minimum of macOS High Sierra (10.13.x) to install Microsoft 365/Office 2019 for Mac. Once Big Sur (11.0) has been released, Microsoft will very shortly afterward require macOS Mojave (10.14.x) for installations of current Office products.

If you Mac can upgrade to macOS High Sierra 10.13.6, time is running out to do so, and remain eligible for a Microsoft Office installation.

I have not mentioned the 64-bit version of Office 2016 as Microsoft has indicated that it will be retired this Fall, and is not a strategic product.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.