Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues Accessing the Mojave Installer

I've run in to an issue where I need to upgrade my 2015 iMac from 10.13 to 10.14. I can't upgrade to 10.15 because I still have a bunch of 32-bit apps I need to keep using for now.

The AppStore doesn't show me Mojave at all. I used the work around of the direct link in Safari to get to the Mojave Installer in the AppStore. However, there is no 'Get' only 'Open', and if I choose the latter it downloads a 22 MB file; running that file I get the message that the installer is corrupted.

Any clues? This is pretty urgent - I need to upgrade Keynote to a version that will live-stream with Bb Collaborate (the version included with 10.13 does not work) and I've confirmed that not only does the latest version work, but it should be compatible with Mojave.

Why does this all have to be so complicated?

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 9:47 AM

If the App Store says 'Open' then the App Store is detecting a copy or partial copy of the Install macOS Mojave.app

in your Applications folder. Locate it , move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable.

Restart your mac.

Open Safari and go back to the App Store Mojave download page,

it should now say Get or Open.

Do not use the mac while it is downloading and do not use any other devices that

share the same internet connection while the mac is downloading.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2020 9:47 AM in response to DocBassPlayer

If the App Store says 'Open' then the App Store is detecting a copy or partial copy of the Install macOS Mojave.app

in your Applications folder. Locate it , move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable.

Restart your mac.

Open Safari and go back to the App Store Mojave download page,

it should now say Get or Open.

Do not use the mac while it is downloading and do not use any other devices that

share the same internet connection while the mac is downloading.

Issues Accessing the Mojave Installer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.