Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On the software update setting on my iPad, it says IOS 10.3.4 and that my software is up to date. What can I do to get the latest OS?

My iPad is on version 10.3.4 and reports that it is up to date. Several apps that I would like to install are not compatible with this. How can I update?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ)

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 1:28 PM

If your device is maxed out with iOS 10 then it is a model that is too old to run anything newer. All devices eventually hit a point where their internal hardware cannot handle the demands of a newer operating system.

3 replies

Aug 13, 2020 1:40 PM in response to derussoc

Nothing at all.

This will never be possible.

If your iPad has been stuck on iOS 10.3.3 for the past few years, with no major upgrades/updates forthcoming, then you own a 2012, iPad 4th generation.

A 4th gen iPad cannot be upgraded beyond iOS 10.3.3/10.3.4 for WiFi & cellular data models.

A 4th gen iPad is a NEARLY 8-year old device, now!

These older iPad models are too old, now, too underpowered and completely incompatible with any of the current and future versions of iOS/iPadOS.

Sorry, but it is what it is, today, in the year 2020!

These old 8 and 9-year old iPad models will be rendered completely OBSOLETE by the end of 2020!

Here's why and what you will need to do about it in 2020!

Tap and read my link below for my additional info about your old iPad model.

If you own OLD 8 and 9 Year Old iPad mo… - Apple Community

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

On the software update setting on my iPad, it says IOS 10.3.4 and that my software is up to date. What can I do to get the latest OS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.