Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting "Mail" app on desk top

I'd like to delete the Mail app that came with my computer. I am not able to delete the app like you would with any other. I use an outside platform for my mail. Every time I click on a link that is associated with Apple Mail, that pops up. I am wanting to have the Apple Mail app removed so that this doesnt happen.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 2:40 PM

4 replies

Aug 13, 2020 4:33 PM in response to Thirstyboots

Oh, so all you want to do is have another e-mail tool be your default. Can you tell me what type of link you are referring to in "It's the clicking on a link to send mail to a vendor that causes Mail to open over my normal email platform." That sounds like some type of link in a browser, and you click on a link in a browser to send or receive an e-mail" Is that correct? If that is correct that is a very simple fix:

In the Mail App - Preference - General tab - Default E-mail reader and then select the e-mail tool want.

You were less than descriptive in what you wanted to achieve so that is why you got the original answer you got. Perhaps going forward you would benefit by looking over Writing an effective Apple Support Communities Question

Deleting "Mail" app on desk top

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.