Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 12.4.8 battery drain on iPhone 6+

My iPhone 6+ will suddenly go from full (90%) to empty in seconds. This is random but only happens when I am using the device. With light use the battery lasts for days. if i use Facebook, or download an app it sometimes just dies and i have to charge it ( shows 2%).when using the device it starts going slow and i know that it is about to die again. This started immediately after upgrading to ios 12.4.8

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 3:30 PM

Hello,

You may have to consider a battery replacement, but start with these steps:

1) Have you tried a restart?  If not, do it now.

2) Go to Setting > Battery > BATTERY USAGE BY APP to see the apps that are consuming your battery.

3) Check “Battery Health” in the link: 

iPhone Battery and Performance

4) If all else fails, consider a battery replacement:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

Good luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2020 3:30 PM in response to Timmuti

Hello,

You may have to consider a battery replacement, but start with these steps:

1) Have you tried a restart?  If not, do it now.

2) Go to Setting > Battery > BATTERY USAGE BY APP to see the apps that are consuming your battery.

3) Check “Battery Health” in the link: 

iPhone Battery and Performance

4) If all else fails, consider a battery replacement:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

Good luck.

Aug 18, 2020 12:02 AM in response to MrBill3

Hi, thanks for the suggestions. I have already tried the software options to no avail. Re changing the battery, it is less than a year old and was performing well prior to the update. Am currently testing setting it to "low power mode"

I Think i shall really have to upgrade to a new phone as iOS 12 will become obsolete soon (believe)

ios 12.4.8 battery drain on iPhone 6+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.