Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not enough storage to update Apple watch

My watch tries to update overnight but in the morning I get a message stating it can’t update because there’s not enough space. I’ve removed all the unused apps, I’m down to 3! The renaming apps such as photos, contacts, and messages are set to mirror my phone. And I still don’t have enough space. What else can I do?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 10:57 PM

To free storage space on  Watch -

Using the Watch app on the paired iPhone, unpair the watch. Then re-pair the watch. Doing so frees up storage space by deleting temporary files, corrupted files and then reindexing the filing system.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2020 10:57 PM in response to rh3272

To free storage space on  Watch -

Using the Watch app on the paired iPhone, unpair the watch. Then re-pair the watch. Doing so frees up storage space by deleting temporary files, corrupted files and then reindexing the filing system.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Not enough storage to update Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.