Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro mic cuts out when others talk

Hello,

Regardless of the video call platform I use, when I am talking and a sound occurs on someone else's side, my mic cuts out. I have tried using external mics and the same thing happens.

MacBook

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 6:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 7:58 PM

Hi,

Resetting NVRAM could solve sound related issues.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063

9 replies

Sep 17, 2020 2:11 PM in response to meganha47

I bought a Logitech camera with a built in microphone. Using that camera and microphone appears to have solved my problem. This makes me believe that it is an issue with driver software for apple microphones - the iMac internal mic, and my AirPods. Yesterday I was on Zoom, using the Logitech camera and microphone, but listening through my AirPods. At one point, using the Zoom audio settings, I switched to the AirPods microphone, and the delay/muting problem seemed to occur. So I switched back to using the Logitech mic. By the way, this whole problem started when I updated my OS to Catalina months ago. It had never happened before that under OS Mojave.

*I say "appears" throughout this post because I have yet to do a test, which I could do by getting a couple of friends together on Zoom and trying to talk over each other to see if my mic gets suppressed as it has in the past. That is what we are talking about, right?

macbook pro mic cuts out when others talk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.