Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

who do i get notification on my iPhone when someone else in the house is using Safari on another Apple device?

Hi, I'm sure there is a very simple explanation / fix for this, but does anyone know why I get notification on my iPhone when someone else in the house is using Safari on another Apple device? It is causing a few issues particularly when trying to search for gifts etc using Safari. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers! Mike

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 9:06 AM

Hi MIKEYHNY2020,

It sounds like you may be getting notifications on your device when someone else is using a different Apple device in the house. We want to help out.

When this happens, typically it is happening when devices are using the same Apple ID. If that's the case, this feature is called Handoff and allows you to continue tasks on other devices. Read more about that here: Use Handoff to continue a task on your other devices

If you'd like to, you can turn off Handoff to allow those devices to continue using the same Apple ID across all devices. The previous article will guide you through enabling and disabling that feature.

On the other hand, you can also set up Family Sharing for your devices where each person can have their own Apple ID. Learn more about Family Sharing here: Family Sharing

This should help to clear that up for you.

Have a great weekend!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2020 9:06 AM in response to MIKEYHNY2020

Hi MIKEYHNY2020,

It sounds like you may be getting notifications on your device when someone else is using a different Apple device in the house. We want to help out.

When this happens, typically it is happening when devices are using the same Apple ID. If that's the case, this feature is called Handoff and allows you to continue tasks on other devices. Read more about that here: Use Handoff to continue a task on your other devices

If you'd like to, you can turn off Handoff to allow those devices to continue using the same Apple ID across all devices. The previous article will guide you through enabling and disabling that feature.

On the other hand, you can also set up Family Sharing for your devices where each person can have their own Apple ID. Learn more about Family Sharing here: Family Sharing

This should help to clear that up for you.

Have a great weekend!

who do i get notification on my iPhone when someone else in the house is using Safari on another Apple device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.