Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About notes app

I locked 2 of my notes.Every time i can use them from face id but once I disabled face id and trying to access that notes but they asked for password.i haven’t remember that password so i tried to reset it and i still stuck at this.Obviously without the old password that notes won’t accessible.i tried to remember that password but I can’t.So please help me out of this because that notes have my very important data in it.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 8:12 AM

Hey.

According to this Apple Support article.

If you forget your notes password

You can only unlock a note when you enter the password that it's locked with. If you forget your password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes.

You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. But it will let you password-protect any notes you create going forwards with the new password. This could lead to you having multiple notes with different passwords.

If you have multiple passwords, you can't tell which password you should use when you look at your notes in the Notes list. When you open a note locked with your old password but enter your current password, you'll see an alert that you entered the wrong password with a hint for your old one. If you then enter the correct old password, you get the option to update that note's password to your current one.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2020 8:12 AM in response to ilyas242

Hey.

According to this Apple Support article.

If you forget your notes password

You can only unlock a note when you enter the password that it's locked with. If you forget your password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes.

You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. But it will let you password-protect any notes you create going forwards with the new password. This could lead to you having multiple notes with different passwords.

If you have multiple passwords, you can't tell which password you should use when you look at your notes in the Notes list. When you open a note locked with your old password but enter your current password, you'll see an alert that you entered the wrong password with a hint for your old one. If you then enter the correct old password, you get the option to update that note's password to your current one.

About notes app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.