Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I alphabetize the photos in People?

How do I alphabetize my photos in People?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 2:12 PM

By default they are sorted by oldest first. The order can only be changed manually by dragging the various square face items into the order you'd like.

However, in doing so be very careful to not drag one face onto another and let go. That will merge the two groups of faces into one - the one that is on the receiving end of the drag and drop. If that happens immediately try using the ⌘+Z keystroke to undo the merge.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2020 2:12 PM in response to alicefromsunnyvale

By default they are sorted by oldest first. The order can only be changed manually by dragging the various square face items into the order you'd like.

However, in doing so be very careful to not drag one face onto another and let go. That will merge the two groups of faces into one - the one that is on the receiving end of the drag and drop. If that happens immediately try using the ⌘+Z keystroke to undo the merge.

How do I alphabetize the photos in People?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.