Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since the 13.6 update, my camera has completely stopped working. The flashlight app won't work. My phone randomly reboots, screen freezes and even sound stops. Nothing I've done seems to work. Can I revert back to the previous update?

Can I revert back to a previous version of iOS? My phone, iPhone X, has gone crazy, literally, since the 13.6 and 13.6.1 updates.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 8:15 AM

Hi Scarlette999,

We see you are having some performance concerns with your iPhone X. We would like to help get it performing as expected. It sounds like you have already covered some troubleshooting also.

To best isolate any software concerns you can restore your device to factory settings and set up as new before testing. After restoring as new we want to make sure not to load any backups before testing.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

After testing for any improvements you can restore your backup using this information.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Have a great weekend!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2020 8:15 AM in response to Scarlette999

Hi Scarlette999,

We see you are having some performance concerns with your iPhone X. We would like to help get it performing as expected. It sounds like you have already covered some troubleshooting also.

To best isolate any software concerns you can restore your device to factory settings and set up as new before testing. After restoring as new we want to make sure not to load any backups before testing.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

After testing for any improvements you can restore your backup using this information.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Have a great weekend!

Since the 13.6 update, my camera has completely stopped working. The flashlight app won't work. My phone randomly reboots, screen freezes and even sound stops. Nothing I've done seems to work. Can I revert back to the previous update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.