Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water damage to Iphone xs max

Can I be reimbursed with a replacement for faulty advertising of the water resistance for my phone? I had my phone in my pocket when i jumped into a 5ft pool, and immediately got out the water. On the website it says that my phone is water resistance up to 15ft for 30 minutes, so I didn't think much of the incident and just dried it off with a towel. When i tried to turned it on it was completely dead and doesn't work at all. I think this is faulty advertising and need a replacement.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 1:12 PM

Hi

How old his the phone? Is it still under warranty? If so contact whoever you purchased it from about getting it repaired or replaced.

Details regarding water resistance can be found here but having read it I suspect you might not get a refund after jumping in a pool with it in your pocket

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207043

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2020 1:12 PM in response to donovanMeyers

Hi

How old his the phone? Is it still under warranty? If so contact whoever you purchased it from about getting it repaired or replaced.

Details regarding water resistance can be found here but having read it I suspect you might not get a refund after jumping in a pool with it in your pocket

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207043

Aug 14, 2020 1:06 PM in response to donovanMeyers

You can think all you want but water resistance is a measurement that carried over from watches. A rating is obtained in controlled laboratory conditions. They do not have someone jump in the tank with the device as this adds water pressure damage to the mix which is not part of the water/dust resistance measurement. Also the warranty specifically states that water damage is not covered under the warranty.

So you can ask but you will not receive a free replacement. I have to admit I never saw any advertising showing someone jumping in a pool with their watch in the pocket. Do you have a link for that?

Water damage to Iphone xs max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.