Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I get iphoto to work on macos catalina ?

im trying to get iphoto to work on my mac that has been upgraded to macOS Catalina. How can I get it to work and if I can get it to work would a video I created in the iphoto on macOS sierra still be available and work ?

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 6:08 PM

iPhoto was discontinued 5 years ago and is not compatible with Catalina as Catalina can't run 32 big apps. However, Photos has replaced iPhoto and all you need to do is open your iPhoto library with the Photos app (an easy way is to drag the iPhoto library onto the Photos App icon in the Dock or just double lick on the iPhoto library).

The iPhoto library will be migrated to the new Photos format. The iPhoto Events are converted to Albums with the same name and will be located in the sidebar in a folder titled "iPhoto Events".

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2020 6:08 PM in response to urfreespirited

iPhoto was discontinued 5 years ago and is not compatible with Catalina as Catalina can't run 32 big apps. However, Photos has replaced iPhoto and all you need to do is open your iPhoto library with the Photos app (an easy way is to drag the iPhoto library onto the Photos App icon in the Dock or just double lick on the iPhoto library).

The iPhoto library will be migrated to the new Photos format. The iPhoto Events are converted to Albums with the same name and will be located in the sidebar in a folder titled "iPhoto Events".

how do I get iphoto to work on macos catalina ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.