Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing phone number

I am looking to change my cell number on my iPhone SE first edition. This will require a new SIM card from the same carrier. I do not want to lose anything (contacts, email, text messages etc.) from my phone, is there a simple way without using iTunes/iCloud?

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 6:15 AM

iPhones do not store contacts on SIM cards. iPhones have always had internal storage for contacts and more since their launch in 2007.

But keep in mind that this question is not something that should really go on the Apple community forums. My recommendation is to directly contact the mobile carrier.

2 replies

Aug 15, 2020 5:58 AM in response to Dickster1957

The iPhone doesn't support saving data to your sim. You will be fine.

For future reference you might want to learn how to backup your phone How to back up your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Also, you do need to make sure that your new sim is compatible with your phone. If it is from a new provider, you need to make sure your phone isn't locked on your old provider, and if it is you must ask them to unlock it.

Changing phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.