Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud photos missing.

Hi, i recently upgraded my phone from a 5s to a 2020se. I Backed up my 5s before putting my sim into the new phone and using the phone swap where it backs up from the old phone to the new one by leaving them side by side. It worked great. Everything that was on the 5s is now on the se. So i went into the settings on my se, tapped my apple id/icloud and scrolled down i noticed that both phones were on their. So i removed my old one using the se. ( i thought i would have 2 backups if i was to leave it) Now when i log into Icloud.com and click on the photos, ive lost years of photos that was saved on icloud from other previous backups and phones. it only shows whats on my old and new phone. Is their anyway i can get these back?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 6:50 AM

Hi,

Yes, i have already checked that. I've found out whats happened now, so thanks forall of the reply's. I Was always under the impression that if i delete a photo off my phone after it has been backup nightly to Icloud that the picture would stay on Icloud unless deleted through icloud.com. After doing a bit more searching i have found out that if its been deleted off the phone, it has also gets deleted from Icloud. Im going to start backing up to my computer from now on. Icloud looks like is only good for backing up phone numbers to me now!

Thanks again for your help.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2020 6:50 AM in response to zinacef

Hi,

Yes, i have already checked that. I've found out whats happened now, so thanks forall of the reply's. I Was always under the impression that if i delete a photo off my phone after it has been backup nightly to Icloud that the picture would stay on Icloud unless deleted through icloud.com. After doing a bit more searching i have found out that if its been deleted off the phone, it has also gets deleted from Icloud. Im going to start backing up to my computer from now on. Icloud looks like is only good for backing up phone numbers to me now!

Thanks again for your help.

Icloud photos missing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.