Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Completely Deleting a book from Apple Books

Hello there,

is it possible to delete (not to hide) a book form Apple Books?

If yes, how?

Thx!

Abdul :)

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 10:50 PM

You can't completely delete purchase. Since you purchased the book (even if it was a free book), Apple is obligated to always provide a way for you to download it. Hence, hiding the books from the Purchased page in the store is the best you can do. But that does have the effect of removing the book from the Books Library, so I would think that's sufficient for most situations.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2020 10:50 PM in response to abdul_r_f_99

You can't completely delete purchase. Since you purchased the book (even if it was a free book), Apple is obligated to always provide a way for you to download it. Hence, hiding the books from the Purchased page in the store is the best you can do. But that does have the effect of removing the book from the Books Library, so I would think that's sufficient for most situations.

Sep 2, 2020 9:25 PM in response to abdul_r_f_99

Are you talking about a book that you downloaded from the Apple Book Store? If so, then you can hide the purchase, which I assume will give you the result you want.

Go to Book Store, then Featured option on the left, then Purchased link on the right. You should see all your purchased books there. Note that even if the book was free, it counts as a purchase. Hover over the book that you want to get rid of and then click on the 'X' that appears.

Completely Deleting a book from Apple Books

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.