Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I access extra iCloud storage?

I’m paying 99 cents/month for extra storage for my iPhone & iPad.

how do I access that extra storage ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 2:42 PM

8 replies

Aug 15, 2020 3:03 PM in response to zinacef

zinacef

thanks for your quick answer

yes, I understand that I’m paying for iCloud storage, not extra storage on my iPhone.

i have 64 GB storage on my iPhone. And I’m only using about 34GB at the moment

I was advised to pay for extra iCloud storage thru Apple to possibly help with battery usage/drainage

Suggestion was to move my photos and/or any other “heavy” data I don’t use daily to the extra iCloud storage.

but now I don’t know if I even need that extra storage in iCloud, as there was no noticeable change in my battery usage.

AND ... I still don’t know how to view what is in that “extra storage”, or, maybe there is nothing as I don’t recall actually sending and photos, etc., to it

do you understand my question ?

thank you in advance for your help

Aug 15, 2020 3:10 PM in response to mmeieio

iCloud storage doesn't help with battery issues. If you're having battery issues, please describe further. Also, moving data to iCloud storage isn't going to move entirely to the cloud as the data will also still live on your device as that's how iCloud works and was designed.

As far as "extra storage", I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to.

Aug 15, 2020 3:48 PM in response to zinacef

Thank you for your advice

turns out I was storing photos & backups in that extra storage

a lot !

Photos: 30GB

Backups: 17GB

If I were to end my extra storage deal with Apple, I will lose all of that.

i have an external hard rife - how do I move the photos & backups to that external HD ?

used to backup my phone to my PC, then had trouble with the iTines app and quit doing the backups.

is that where I go (iTunes) to send my photos and anything else I wish to transfer to the ext.HD ?

or did they change that to a diff Apple app ?

Aug 15, 2020 5:46 PM in response to mmeieio

mmeieio wrote:

Thank you for your advice
turns out I was storing photos & backups in that extra storage
a lot !
Photos: 30GB
Backups: 17GB

If I were to end my extra storage deal with Apple, I will lose all of that.
i have an external hard rife - how do I move the photos & backups to that external HD ?

used to backup my phone to my PC, then had trouble with the iTines app and quit doing the backups.
is that where I go (iTunes) to send my photos and anything else I wish to transfer to the ext.HD ?

or did they change that to a diff Apple app ?

The backups cannot be moved to the external hard drive, but here's how to move the photos --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzN-0dJlPg8

How do I access extra iCloud storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.