Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connection issue between Apple TV 4K and Sony XBR-65X900F TV

I recently upgraded my AV receiver and found that my Apple TV 4K was no longer connecting to my Sony XBR-65X900F TV (cable TV and Blu-ray worked fine).  To troubleshoot, I eliminated the AV receiver and connected the Apple TV 4K directly to the XBR-65X900F - still no signal.  When I connect the Apple TV 4K to an older Sony TV, the combination works fine.  

I checked the Apple TV 4K for firmware updates and found that it was up to date - tvOS 13.4.8 (17M61).  I performed the “Reset and Update” option.  I updated the XBR-65X900F firmware.  Taking these steps did not make a difference.  I did note that when I push the “Input” button on my XBR-65X900F remote, the TV recognizes that an Apple TV device is connected to the HDMI (ARC) port, so there is some communication taking place.  When I select that HDMI port, the TV continues to display the message that it is getting no signal.  

Anybody have any ideas?  Are there any known firmware conflicts between the two?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 3:35 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 15, 2020 4:37 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Well, I gotta say - I didn't see the need to swap out HDMI cables since the old one worked fine before and still worked for cable TV and Blu-ray. I also didn't want to try another HDMi cable as my big TV is mounted on the wall and is not fun to remove by myself. I looked and there was one HDMI port facing the side that I could just barely fit another cable into. It worked! Guess I'm going to dismount my TV and fish a new HDMI cable through the wall. Thanks!

Connection issue between Apple TV 4K and Sony XBR-65X900F TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.