Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to share iCloud files with family members, allowing them access to my iCloud files. How can I do this?

I would like to share iCloud files with family members, allowing them access to my iCloud files. How can I do this?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 4:31 PM

In Finder, you must navigate to the file you want to collaborate on and select it.

• With the file selected, tap the Share icon (a square with a North-facing arrow emerging from inside it).
  • Choose Add People to set up a collaboration on a file or folder.
  • You will choose how to share the item (Mail, Messages, Copy Link or Airdrop).
  • You also get to set your Share Options:
  • Who can access: Only people you invite or anyone with the link you create.
  • Permission: View only or Can Make Changes.
  • Tap Share and you’ll be asked who you wish to share the link to files and folders with.

All information above found here: https://www.computerworld.com/article/3429574/how-to-collaborate-on-files-and-folders-with-icloud.html

Hope this helps!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2020 4:31 PM in response to Venture230

In Finder, you must navigate to the file you want to collaborate on and select it.

• With the file selected, tap the Share icon (a square with a North-facing arrow emerging from inside it).
  • Choose Add People to set up a collaboration on a file or folder.
  • You will choose how to share the item (Mail, Messages, Copy Link or Airdrop).
  • You also get to set your Share Options:
  • Who can access: Only people you invite or anyone with the link you create.
  • Permission: View only or Can Make Changes.
  • Tap Share and you’ll be asked who you wish to share the link to files and folders with.

All information above found here: https://www.computerworld.com/article/3429574/how-to-collaborate-on-files-and-folders-with-icloud.html

Hope this helps!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.