Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook pro will notstart up

My MacBook Pro has not been used in a while. It seems like it is starting up and the progress bar slowly fills up but it not go any further.

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 6:11 PM

Here's some things you can do. Some of them can solve it, or maybe a combination of it

1 - First reset SMC and NVRAM in that order and try to boot (do that anyway, it's a good thing to do that from time to time).

2 - Check if any of this topics from Apple can help you https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204156

3 - Start your Mac while holding Command R and get into Recovery Mode, in Disk Utility select your drive and run First Aid. If you have a bootable drive with macOS install you can also do that.

4 - Start up your Mac while holding Shift key to boot into Safe Mode. If it goes up all the way, restart the Mac normally and check if it came back to normal. It not, it might have to reinstall macOS.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2020 6:11 PM in response to billpatch

Here's some things you can do. Some of them can solve it, or maybe a combination of it

1 - First reset SMC and NVRAM in that order and try to boot (do that anyway, it's a good thing to do that from time to time).

2 - Check if any of this topics from Apple can help you https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204156

3 - Start your Mac while holding Command R and get into Recovery Mode, in Disk Utility select your drive and run First Aid. If you have a bootable drive with macOS install you can also do that.

4 - Start up your Mac while holding Shift key to boot into Safe Mode. If it goes up all the way, restart the Mac normally and check if it came back to normal. It not, it might have to reinstall macOS.

my macbook pro will notstart up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.