Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audible app crashes either immediately or once loging in via password

Hi can anyone explain why the audible app has started crashing in the last 5 days (its now the 16th Aug. Has Apple updated its IOS and its now an issue or is there another problem?

The crash in some instances is almost instantaneous, other times it gets to the enter your user name and password. You enter it and then it crashes. Either way its completely useless.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 3:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 6:21 AM

I’ve been having the same thing happen to me, to stop the crashes I went into settings - privacy - media and Apple Music- and then turned off audible. Basically, I think if you’ve got audiobooks saved in your iBooks, there’s an issue when audible tries to grab them so you can listen to them with their UI. Hope either apple or audible release a patch soon.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2020 6:21 AM in response to NoNameuser101

I’ve been having the same thing happen to me, to stop the crashes I went into settings - privacy - media and Apple Music- and then turned off audible. Basically, I think if you’ve got audiobooks saved in your iBooks, there’s an issue when audible tries to grab them so you can listen to them with their UI. Hope either apple or audible release a patch soon.

Aug 17, 2020 9:59 AM in response to NoNameuser101

Hey NoNameuser101,

It sounds like you're seeing an issue with the Audible app crashing on your device. We can understand wanting to find the best solution. We want to help get you pointed in the right direction for getting that resolved.

First, we'd recommend checking for and installing any updates that may be available for your device. You can find the steps for that here:

For iOS devices: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Then, we'd recommend trying the steps in this article: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

If those steps don't resolve the issue, we'd recommend reaching out to the developer of that app for further assistance. This article explains your options for contacting the app developer: How to contact an app developer

Thanks!

Audible app crashes either immediately or once loging in via password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.