Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV plus plays on my phone but not my LG Smart TV. What do I do?

Apple TV Plus plays on my iPhone but not my LG Smart TV.What do I do ?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 5:21 AM

Some newer smart TVs are AirPlay enabled and allow you to stream from an iOS device to your TV, through your home network.

Some newer smart TVs support the Apple TV app, and allow you to view Apple TV app content without any external device.

If your TV is not supported for either of the above, then you may want to consider getting an external streaming device, such as the Apple TV set-top box, or a Roku, or a Fire TV device, supporting the Apple TV app.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2020 5:21 AM in response to edmund172

Some newer smart TVs are AirPlay enabled and allow you to stream from an iOS device to your TV, through your home network.

Some newer smart TVs support the Apple TV app, and allow you to view Apple TV app content without any external device.

If your TV is not supported for either of the above, then you may want to consider getting an external streaming device, such as the Apple TV set-top box, or a Roku, or a Fire TV device, supporting the Apple TV app.

Apple TV plus plays on my phone but not my LG Smart TV. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.