Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loud click noise from home button.

i am getting a loud click noise from my home button. does anyone know the way to stop it or does it need repairs. i did turn off the sound from the settings.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 12:46 AM

iPhone 8 uses a haptic motor to give the "feel" of a moving button, The button should not actually move, it uses a pressure sensor.

Turn the phone off. Gently press the home button. If it makes the same click the home button has possibly broken away.

If it only makes the click when the phone is on, it could be the haptic motor having a problem.

Either way you need to arrange for service.

You can:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support 

or See if any of the contact options here are useful:

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2020 12:46 AM in response to mvaz27

iPhone 8 uses a haptic motor to give the "feel" of a moving button, The button should not actually move, it uses a pressure sensor.

Turn the phone off. Gently press the home button. If it makes the same click the home button has possibly broken away.

If it only makes the click when the phone is on, it could be the haptic motor having a problem.

Either way you need to arrange for service.

You can:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support 

or See if any of the contact options here are useful:

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

Loud click noise from home button.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.