Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Authorize loop problem

I found where someone last October asked about a recurrent issue where they have to authorize the computer every time they would like to play a song. iTunes asks you to sign in as if you were not already signed in. Then, you are told that the computer was already authorized. But it still does not let you play the song. The answer was to delete the song, then re-install. So basically, we are being asked to pay for the song again and then try to get our money back. I am confused. How do I delete a song. Then, when I am asked to pay for the song again, where am I to go to get help with this? Back to this forum? Please explain and forgive me for my ignorance.

Thank you.

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 2:59 PM

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for recent store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support.

If you've accidentally hidden any of your purchases in error see Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support to restore them.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2020 2:59 PM in response to Dr.Rawd

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for recent store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support.

If you've accidentally hidden any of your purchases in error see Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support to restore them.

tt2

Authorize loop problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.