Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my Apple ID and it’s still requesting password for other Id when I sign into certain apps

Apple ID was changed but still not capable of signing onto certain apps it’s using old Apple ID

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 1:04 PM

Did you change the email address associated with your Apple ID, or did you create a new Apple ID?

Assuming you just changed the email address of your existing account, the sign in requirements for non-Apple apps are determined by the app provider. Changing the email address for your Apple ID does not update the information the app provider’s database has for you. You will need to change your user ID for each app individually.

If you created a new Apple ID then everything purchased or downloaded from the App Store will be forever associated with the old Apple ID. You would need to delete those apps and repurchase or download them.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2020 1:04 PM in response to day281

Did you change the email address associated with your Apple ID, or did you create a new Apple ID?

Assuming you just changed the email address of your existing account, the sign in requirements for non-Apple apps are determined by the app provider. Changing the email address for your Apple ID does not update the information the app provider’s database has for you. You will need to change your user ID for each app individually.

If you created a new Apple ID then everything purchased or downloaded from the App Store will be forever associated with the old Apple ID. You would need to delete those apps and repurchase or download them.

Aug 16, 2020 1:11 PM in response to day281

Then, as I said, the sign in requirements for non-Apple apps are determined by the app provider. Changing the email address for your Apple ID does not update the information the app provider’s database has for you. You will need to change your user ID for each app individually.

Another problem you might have if you created a new Apple ID is subscriptions associated with the old Apple ID. These will not transfer, and the only way to cancel them is by logging in with the old Apple ID. If you don’t do this you will continue to be charged for them, even though you can’t use them.

I changed my Apple ID and it’s still requesting password for other Id when I sign into certain apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.