Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows install error

Hello, when installing windows via boot camp after the install starts I’m receiving the following error message and the install stops. I have tried installing repeatedly and get the same message I’m on macOS Catalina, late 2013 iMac

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 4:36 PM

Here are some more details

macOS Catalina

iMac (27 inch, Late 2013)

Processor 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

1. I downloaded the ISO from microsoft Win10_2004_English_x64.iso
  2. Followed the boot camp instructions to create a bootable USB
  3. iMac reboots into windows and the installation begins
  4. windows installation gets to step 2 about 20% complete and i receive the following message

Windows cannot install required files. The file does not exist. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070003

I just bought a new flash drive and will try again. I've googled the error code but did not find any results regarding installs on a mac. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need windows for work and i'm hoping to have this setup for tomorrow morning. I was previously using windows via an install on an external drive but decided to wipe and restore the iMac and partion the internal hard drive and install the windows on the internal hard drive. Thought it would be an easy process but apparently not.

Thanks

Jason

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2020 4:36 PM in response to Jasoncorbin1

Here are some more details

macOS Catalina

iMac (27 inch, Late 2013)

Processor 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

1. I downloaded the ISO from microsoft Win10_2004_English_x64.iso
  2. Followed the boot camp instructions to create a bootable USB
  3. iMac reboots into windows and the installation begins
  4. windows installation gets to step 2 about 20% complete and i receive the following message

Windows cannot install required files. The file does not exist. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070003

I just bought a new flash drive and will try again. I've googled the error code but did not find any results regarding installs on a mac. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need windows for work and i'm hoping to have this setup for tomorrow morning. I was previously using windows via an install on an external drive but decided to wipe and restore the iMac and partion the internal hard drive and install the windows on the internal hard drive. Thought it would be an easy process but apparently not.

Thanks

Jason

Windows install error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.