Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

whatsapp not restoring data Pls reply

My icloud drive has whatsapp data but whatsapp is not restoring data kindly help

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 11:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 1:38 AM

What you are looking at is iCloud Backup data. You can restore WhatsApp chat history with following options

1. If you had taken backup chat history from WhatsApp App
  2. Using this iCloud Backup but the entire iPhone will be erased and you will only have what is being shown to you on the iCloud storage. If you have anything beyond that it will be erased.

Risk: You will lose everything (including Photos / Videos) on your iPhone because I can see that you only have 5GB of iCloud storage and that indicates your entire iPhone may not have backed up all data.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2020 1:38 AM in response to Shaikhbrothers

What you are looking at is iCloud Backup data. You can restore WhatsApp chat history with following options

1. If you had taken backup chat history from WhatsApp App
  2. Using this iCloud Backup but the entire iPhone will be erased and you will only have what is being shown to you on the iCloud storage. If you have anything beyond that it will be erased.

Risk: You will lose everything (including Photos / Videos) on your iPhone because I can see that you only have 5GB of iCloud storage and that indicates your entire iPhone may not have backed up all data.

whatsapp not restoring data Pls reply

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.