Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot install from App store

When I am trying to install applications from App Store, it's saying login first. Then when I am trying to login it says "iTunes account creation not allowed. This Apple ID cannot be used with the iTunes Store at this time. Please try again later". What should I do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 1:12 AM

developer-dipankar Said:

"Cannot install from App store: When I am trying to install applications from App Store, it's saying login first. Then when I am trying to login it says "iTunes account creation not allowed. This Apple ID cannot be used with the iTunes Store at this time. Please try again later". What should I do?"

-------

Managing this Occurrence:

Seems you're account has been disabled.

So, Re-Enable it:

As you might suspect, no one here would know the reason for this occurrence, of course. So, contact Apple Support. They’ll know why this occurred and will run you right through the fix.

Contacting Apple Support:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get thorough :)

Visit this Link: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2020 1:12 AM in response to developer-dipankar

developer-dipankar Said:

"Cannot install from App store: When I am trying to install applications from App Store, it's saying login first. Then when I am trying to login it says "iTunes account creation not allowed. This Apple ID cannot be used with the iTunes Store at this time. Please try again later". What should I do?"

-------

Managing this Occurrence:

Seems you're account has been disabled.

So, Re-Enable it:

As you might suspect, no one here would know the reason for this occurrence, of course. So, contact Apple Support. They’ll know why this occurred and will run you right through the fix.

Contacting Apple Support:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get thorough :)

Visit this Link: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support.

Aug 17, 2020 1:20 AM in response to developer-dipankar

developer-dipankar Said:

-------

A Few Other Thoughts:

A. Try Booting into Safe Mode:

(Hold Down: the shift key upon boot). In Safe Mode, login items are placed aside, and caches are removed (temporary files from applications and their settings). When you reboot, things may be back to normal.

B. Reset your SMC and Your NVRAM:

Changes occur (i.e. updates), and sometimes your Mac needs to reset itself and get back to its pervious settings(Wi-Fi). You may need to set it thrice, and that can be time consuming.

So, Use these Two Links:

C. Remove, then Add the Connection:

If neither of the above works, then remove the connection from your Mac. Next, add it back.

D. Create a New Administrator User:

See what happens when you create a new administrator user. If you can connect then it is something misconfigured in your current user.

E. Malwarebytes Usage:

Malwarebytes searches for malware (short for (malicious software) and spyware. It is created by longtime users of these forums making it the only reliable Security Software for a Mac.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

Aug 17, 2020 1:58 AM in response to developer-dipankar

See If you see a message 'Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes' https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208856. This link says: "There might be a problem with the payment method that you have on file. When you see the message, don't try to edit any of your account information. Insteadcontact Apple Support for help.”

Try using the Apple recommended support link above first. But, this site is down/not fully functional very often. Use the support options I give below if necessary.

You can use Apple Support Twitter https://twitter.com/AppleSupport  There may be a wait of an hour or so.

And, if necessary, go here to contact iTunes worldwide support via text or chat https://support.apple.com/choose-country-region/itunes After choosing your country, see the heading, Tell us how we can help.

Cannot install from App store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.