Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Solution for Black Screen for iMac

How to fix the Black Screen on iMac

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 1:06 AM

14 replies

Sep 12, 2020 6:37 PM in response to BDAqua

It is almost certainly a hardware failure, if you cannot see any video but can hear sounds (including just the fans) then it is likely either the display backlight or the display itself. Whichever it is it is nothing something a user can repair, please make an appointment at your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to have the computer assessed and then you can decide on your course of action.

Sep 14, 2020 12:55 PM in response to Greg Weir

If you have 1/2 way decent credit you can get 18 months same as cash using Barclay bank. I always use that, why use my own money when I can use Barclays? i just set an auto payment of whatever the balance is divided by 18.

For example: $2500/18 = $138.88. Set up the autopayment and 18 months late you have been enjoying your Mac for 18 months. Its easier to live without $138.88 for 18 months rather than save up $2500 that you can spare. Its just very simple and basic money management.

Obviously your choice, I'm trying to help you by suggesting something you may not have known about or considered.

Solution for Black Screen for iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.