Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Not Charging

Hello, I have not used my apple watch in months. When i tried to charge it only shows the apple logo and goes back off. Keeps doing this when it is plugged to the charger, but does not come up, once you unplug it does not show anything at all.

Apple Watch, 4

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 3:58 AM

Try a hard restart. Hold the crown button down and the side button at he same time until the apple logo comes on. If that doesn't help Contact - Official Apple Support. Good luck

3 replies

Aug 26, 2020 6:23 PM in response to princeadeola

i am in the same boat, but maybe longer since having surgery & recovery last year. 1st series Apple Watch & only shows logo after the restart & nothing else. Charging cord is working. I read that there was a glitch in an iOS system for downloads & the watch needs to be replaced by Apple? Also I have a new phone & it is not coming up on my app paired anymore. But the phone does ask me if I want to pair it.

help

Aug 26, 2020 6:31 PM in response to First Magus

I have the same issue but haven’t started my watch in probably over a year since my surgery and recovery. It will show the icon after a hard restart but it will not power on. The charging cord is working because I’ve had it checked. But no luck with the watch coming on and I have gotten a new phone but the app is no longer showing my watch paired to the phone. I did read an article that there was a glitch in one of the new iOS System and that the watch needs to be replaced by Apple because It is a series one Apple Watch and no longer compatible to the software to run it.

Apple Watch Not Charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.