Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone locked or not

I want to know is my iPhone 7 locked or unlocked could I switch to another network or am I locked to my current service?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 10:35 AM

The easiest way to find out is to put in a SIM from a different carrier. Borrow one for a minute or so to try. Ways to know it IS locked:

• If you bought it directly from a carrier
  • If you did not buy it directly from Apple. Some reseller sales people make misleading statements about it, but if you bought it from any 3rd party reseller, even if they were an authorized reseller, it will be locked or will lock to the first carrier it is used with.
  • If you bought it from Apple but financed it with a carrier.

Phones bought directly from Apple that you paid full price for should be unlocked.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2020 10:35 AM in response to tri117

The easiest way to find out is to put in a SIM from a different carrier. Borrow one for a minute or so to try. Ways to know it IS locked:

• If you bought it directly from a carrier
  • If you did not buy it directly from Apple. Some reseller sales people make misleading statements about it, but if you bought it from any 3rd party reseller, even if they were an authorized reseller, it will be locked or will lock to the first carrier it is used with.
  • If you bought it from Apple but financed it with a carrier.

Phones bought directly from Apple that you paid full price for should be unlocked.

iPhone locked or not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.