Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homesharing with iPhone

Since the last update for the iPhone the homesharing with iTunes on my iPhone doesn't work. When I go to my Library I get bounced out of the app.

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 2:13 PM

9 replies

Aug 18, 2020 4:03 PM in response to jan59

Thanks for getting back to us, Jan,

As this is still going on, we would recommend reinstalling the Music app on your iPhone. Please note, that doing this can cause any music downloaded for offline listening to be cleared. The tracks will still be present, but you will need to redownload them to be available without an internet connection.

Here's how to delete the app: Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen - Apple Support

You can then reinstall Music by locating it in the App Store.

Let us know the results!

Sep 16, 2020 8:31 AM in response to woftx

This is a well-known bug in iOS 13.6 which has not been fixed in 13.7 - see https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251599464?answerId=253382422022&page=1 There is no way round it.

It has been reported by many users but Apple have so far ignored us. They don't read these forum posts. Please report on https://www.apple.com/feedback/ although there isn't an obvious category to use. I have put the same complaint on iTunes, Apple Music, iPad, iPod Touch and iPhone feedback, with more hope than expectation

Sep 3, 2020 7:35 PM in response to jeremy_v

I'm having the same problem with my iPhone not connecting to Home Sharing. I click on Home Sharing on my phone and you seen it loading and when it's completed it quits the app. I deleted the app and it still happens. Now I have to figure how to load my music back on my phone with Catalina.

Anyone else have an idea how to stop the music app on the iPhone to stop quitting when trying to home share?

Homesharing with iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.