Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix error 11800 Apple TV 4K

This is a continuation of the discussion from here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7809852

I just got an Apple TV 4K, and about after a month of using it no issues, this error started happening.

I've tried all the suggested solutions and none of them have been a permanent fix. I've gotten DNS server addresses for Fios in my region and updated it on my router and my Apple TV and neither fixed it. I even went the extra mile and factory reset my Apple TV (which I really didn't want to.)

This doesn't happen on my Nvidia Shield connected to the same TV and router via ethernet like my Apple TV.

Is this ultimately a Netflix issue or Apple? I can reach out to both with support tickets but Netflix hasn't been helpful, which is surprising. I followed these troubleshooting steps too: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/64174

Anyone with fixes or any other updates on this would be appreciated. Please be specific when sharing. Thanks!

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 7:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 3:17 PM

To be clear, this is the Netflix App installed on your Apple TV? Because the Netflix App no longer supports AirPlay.

Try updating or deleting the App and reinstall

Force close the App

Update your tvOS software

Reboot the wifi router

Go into settings- network - forget network, restart, then add your network back

Get help with Wi-Fi networks on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2020 3:17 PM in response to Meg4Roney

To be clear, this is the Netflix App installed on your Apple TV? Because the Netflix App no longer supports AirPlay.

Try updating or deleting the App and reinstall

Force close the App

Update your tvOS software

Reboot the wifi router

Go into settings- network - forget network, restart, then add your network back

Get help with Wi-Fi networks on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Aug 18, 2020 4:24 PM in response to Vancouver22

1. Yes, this is the Netflix app installed on the Apple TV
  2. Deleting and installing the app again was the first step I took in this whole thing.
  3. I also searched for a tvOS update and there was none. I did just check to see if I can get a public Beta update, and yes there is one for v14. Unfortunately, when I try to Download and Install, it says the update failed and try again later. Any solutions for this?
  4. I cannot forget the network. It's connected via ethernet, and I've never even connected it to any of my Wi-Fi signals. I was looking for a "reset network" type of function, but it doesn't exist. That's why I did a full factory reset.

Netflix error 11800 Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.