Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I print text messages from a certain sender with date and time stamp for court?

I have an iphone 11 and need to provide text messages for court from a sender with date and time stamps. How can I do this? Do I need an app or can I just retrieve from the icloud somewhere?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 5:10 AM

If you need it with data/time and properly formatted you are going to need 3rd party software for your computer. If you have a Mac use Phoneview which will allow you to do what you want and choose between PDF and RTF. If you have a PC I have used TouchCopy to do the same.

Both will allow you to do much more than just copy text messages to your computer and print them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2020 5:10 AM in response to Jenfrnd

If you need it with data/time and properly formatted you are going to need 3rd party software for your computer. If you have a Mac use Phoneview which will allow you to do what you want and choose between PDF and RTF. If you have a PC I have used TouchCopy to do the same.

Both will allow you to do much more than just copy text messages to your computer and print them.

Aug 19, 2020 5:06 AM in response to Jenfrnd

Greetings, Jenfrnd!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! That’s a great question you have about printing text messages with a time stamp. If the messages are currently on your device, you’ll need to press the message and swipe to the left to view the time stamp. While the time is showing, in order to be able to print, you’ll need to Take a screenshot on your iPhone and print the screenshot from the Photos app on your device.

Keep in mind that if the messages are not currently on your device and are in a recent backup, it's possible to retrieve the messages by restoring from that backup. Please remember you would lose any content and settings added after the backup date. Use this link to Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup and then follow the steps provided to see the time stamps and create screenshots.

Have a wonderful day!

How can I print text messages from a certain sender with date and time stamp for court?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.