Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add Audiogram to Health app

How do I add my Audiogram to my Health app?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 8:40 AM

In order to add your audiogram, you'll need to use an app that syncs with Health. One of the ones recommended by Health is "Mimi Hearing Test".

If you'd like Apple to add the ability to manually add data to that section, you can let them know here:

Product Feedback - Apple

An EMT would not have access to the data in the Health app unless you were able to unlock the phone for them. They are also unlikely to have the time to go through every item in Health to see what's there. They also might not have the training to read an audiogram. If you want an EMT to know about your hearing, you should add that condition to your Medical ID. Settings>Health>Medical ID>Edit>Conditions. You can type in whatever you like. Make sure that you have Emergency Access>Show When Locked enabled.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2020 8:40 AM in response to DianeK1

In order to add your audiogram, you'll need to use an app that syncs with Health. One of the ones recommended by Health is "Mimi Hearing Test".

If you'd like Apple to add the ability to manually add data to that section, you can let them know here:

Product Feedback - Apple

An EMT would not have access to the data in the Health app unless you were able to unlock the phone for them. They are also unlikely to have the time to go through every item in Health to see what's there. They also might not have the training to read an audiogram. If you want an EMT to know about your hearing, you should add that condition to your Medical ID. Settings>Health>Medical ID>Edit>Conditions. You can type in whatever you like. Make sure that you have Emergency Access>Show When Locked enabled.

Aug 19, 2020 8:15 AM in response to jdo_apple

I tried that. Went to browse, hearing, then audiogram. Screen says no data, shows a blank audiogram and left average & right average. No way to enter my data.

Apple needs to get it together for us hearing folks. Bad enough I cannot stream audio from phone calls from my series 5 watch to my Starkey Livio 2400 hearing aids and have to answer phone calls only through my iPhone. Now this.

Don't you think, in an emergency, it would help an EMT to know how hard of hearing I am? To me, that's just as important as blood type and meds I take.

Very disappointed in Apple's attention to hearing impaired people.

Aug 19, 2020 9:31 AM in response to DianeK1

DianeK1 wrote:

"Not everyone has the same needs as you."

I don't like your tone. I am merely trying to get information. You are not helping.

I'm sorry you don't like factual information. Or have some sort of problem with the observation that not everyone has the same needs that you do (am I wrong?). But, that's entirely up to you. I have found that the life, in general, is much pleasanter if I don't make the assumption that people are trying to be rude to me, especially when they're volunteering their time to help me.

Have an amazing day!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 19, 2020 8:55 AM in response to DianeK1

DianeK1 wrote:

I understand that. I do not lock my phone. This scenario is all hypothetical.

Even so, an EMT is not going to go poking about in your phone. They may look at your Emergency ID. Make sure any relevant information is there.

Why have the audiogram in the Health app at all if there is no way to post the user's info on it?

There is a way to add it. I explained how. The fact that it doesn't work the way you want is unfortunate but it doesn't mean it might not be useful, as it is, to others. Not everyone has the same needs as you.

You would think a $2 trillion company could figure this out!

Feel free to provide Apple with that suggestion.

Aug 19, 2020 8:58 AM in response to DianeK1

Pretty much everything in the Health app comes from other apps. I have an app from my health care provider that syncs to the Health app. So anything that is recorded in my provider’s EHR (Electronic Health Record) system appears in the Health app. You can’t add any content in any category that doesn’t come from an app, including, but not limited to, audiograms. Presumably this is to assure accuracy and not provide misleading information to a health care provider. So ask your audiologist or ENT to add it to your electronic health record, and get their app to sync from it.

As has been pointed out, you can add notes to your medical ID record. And IdrisSeabright is correct, an audiogram would be useless to an EMT who probably wouldn’t even know how to read it.

On an unrelated subject, you do realize that if your phone doesn’t have a passcode a huge amount of highly personal information would be available to anyone who finds your phone, including your health history. It was my impression that the health app was disabled on a phone that didn’t have a passcode. If I’m wrong I will immediately suggest to Apple that they add this protection. I know that health data are not included in an unencrypted backup, so Apple already thought of that.

How to add Audiogram to Health app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.